National Talent Search Examination is one of the oldest exams of India which is conducted by (NCERT) National Council of Educational Research and Training. In this exam, only those students are allowed to sit who have a master level of high skills and good academic level. It is one of the most difficult high school level exams which happens in India and held each year. This exam is conducted in two stages – Stage 1 and Stage 2. Only those students can appear in the NTSE Stage 2 exam who have passed out the exam of Stage 1.
In this exam, every year students are awarded scholarships and more than lakhs of students appear in this exam. Both the stages of NTSE exam include major mental ability test and scholastic aptitude test.
The students are unable to crack NTSE because of the following reasons:
1. The NTSE preparation requires two things Dedication and Hard work. Some students miss that in some way or another. The students should keep focusing on their target to crack NTSE Stage 1 and Stage 2 like ‘Zeel Shah‘ does for becoming an NTSE Scholar. It is one of the most difficult exams which require a lot of hard work and dedication clearing all your fundamental concepts.
2. The students attract towards the material which they can get at a lower cost. If you are thinking to crack NTSE then always choose the best source of material and most useful methods of teachings. Always select the best source for the preparation of NTSE. To cope up with the difficulty of NTSE you should go through an All India Test Series which will help you to judge your preparation.
3. Most of the students avoid Social Science Subject. But it is the subject which can make you score well. Social Science is one of the very scoring subjects in NTSE. This subject needs a detailed theoretical study. Preparation of this subject helps you to score with high marks in the (SAT) Subject Ability test.
4. Try to know about your weaknesses because it is the most essential thing which is being ignored by the students. For example, if you have no idea about your basic skills then you cannot prepare the exam with proper strategy. If you will find your weakness you can concentrate more on them while preparing for NTSE as Kartik Patekar (NTSE scholar) has done.
5. Students think that self-study is not so important. But it is very important for an NTSE aspirant. Give time to self-study more to know your skills. Self-study is very important, especially when for NTSE preparation. It makes you more confident and can lead you to develop accuracy. Try to solve practice papers and previous year questions as much as you can to crack the NTSE Stage 1 and Stage 2 Examination.
Try to focus in detail on all the above point you will realize the reason why students are unable to crack NTSE. If you are an NTSE aspirant try to prepare smartly by keeping all the important points in mind for your better NTSE preparation.