Acing class X science is not a walk in the park. The amount of hardwork and determination you put into your preparation shows it in the final result. If you don’t want your preparations to go in waste, get into the habit of solving sample papers. This won’t only help you strengthen your subject but would also improve your grip on time. It will give you an insight of how you should manage your time during the exam.
This is a sample paper created by our NTSEGuru faculties to help you get a remarkable CGPA in your X Board exam. You can also revise and practice every chapter separately from the tests section of every chapter on NTSEGuru.
X – EXAM ZONE – 01
1) The question paper is divided into four sections – Section A. Section B. Section C and Section D.
2) The question paper has 26 questions in all.
3) All questions arc compulsory.
4) Marks are indicated against each question.
5) Questions from serial number 1 to 7 arc very short answer type questions. Each question carrier one mark.
6) Questions from serial number 8 to 18 arc 3 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
7) Questions from serial number 19 to 25 arc 5 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
8) Question number 26 is a map question of 5 marks w’ith two parts -26 A from History (2 marks) and 26 B from Geography (3 marks).
SYLLABUS & MARKING SCHEME:
1) Chemical reactions
2) Acids, bases and salts
3) Metal & Non – metals
4) Carbon and its compound
5) Periodic classification
1) Life processes
2) Control & co-ordination
4) Heredity and evolution
5) Our environment
6) Management of natural resources
2) Electric current
3) Magnetic effects of current
4) Sources of energy
SECTION – A
1. (a) Name the instrument used to measure the amount of atmospheric ozone. 
(b) In which unit is amount of atmospheric ozone expressed?
2. What is dental caries? What is its cause? 
SECTION – B
3. Absolute refractive index of ice is 1.31 and that of rock salt is 1.54. Calculate refractive index of rock salt with respect to ice. 
A power line of resistance 0.5 ohm carries a constant current of 100 Ampere. How much energy is being lost per day in form of heat in the line?
4. What is reflex arc? Explain the phenomenon of reflex action by taking a suitable example. 
5. What will you observe when: 
(i) Red litmus is introduced into a solution of sodium sulphate.
(ii) Methyl orange is added to dil HCl.
SECTION – C
6. What is meant by power of lens? Three lenses have power +10 D. +5 D. -10 D. Sate nature and focal length of each lens. 
7. (i) Three resistance and are connected in parallel. Derive an expression for equivalent resistance of combination. 
(ii) Why does alloys arc used in heating elements of any clectrieal device such as clcctric iron, heater etc.?
A uniform wire of resistance 100 ohm is melted and made in form ot uniform wire whose length is doubled that of original. What is the resistance of new wire?
8. Two electric bulb rated 60W. 220V and 100W. 220V are connected in parallel to 220V supply. Find: 
(i) Equivalent resistance of circuit
(ii) Current through 60W bulb
(iii) Current through 100W bulb
9. Describe construction of box type solar cooker with neat sketch. 
10. Give the preparation of Washing Soda. Give its uses. 
11. What is the similarity in the electronic configurations of Mg, Ca and Sr ? What conclusions can be drawn from this? 
Write the chemical equation of the reaction in which the following changes have taken place w uh an example of each:
(i) Change in colour
(ii) Change in temperature
(iii) Formation of precipitate
12. Give any two important changes in the uterus after fertilization of the ovum. What is placenta? 
Give the evidence that the birds have evolved from reptiles.
13. Explain the three pathways of breakdown of glucosc in living organism. 
14. Mention the essential material (Chemicals) to prepare soap in the laboratory. Describe in brief the test of determining the nature (acidic/alkalinc) of the reaction mixture of saponification reaction. 
15. What will happen if we kill all the organisms of one trophic level? 
SECTION – 1
16. (i) A person ncctls a lens of power -5.5 dioptre for correcting his distant vision. For correcting his near vision he needs a lens of power +1.5 dioptre. What is focal length of lens required for correcting.
(ii) Describe formation of rainbow in the sky with help of diagram. 
17. (i) Draw direction of current in coil given below: 
(ii) Write down Fleming’s left hand rule.
(iii) Explain working principle of DC motor.
Slate the rule to determine the direction of a (i) magnetic field produced around a straight current carrying conductor, (ii) force experiences by a current earning straight conductor placed in .1 magnetic field which is perpendicular to it. ami (iii) Current induced in a coil due to its rotation in a magnetic field.
18. Define an alloy and an amalgam. State the main constituents and uses of the following alloys. 
(i) Stainless Meel
19. Give IUPAC name of the follow ing compounds – 
State reason for the following statements:
(i) Tap water conducts electricity whereas distilled water does not.
(ii) Dry hydrogen chloride gas does not turn blue litmus red whereas dilute hydrochloric acid does.
(iii) During summer season, a milk man usually adds a very small amount of baking soda to fresh milk.
(iv) For a dilution of acid, acid is added into water and not water into acid.
(v) Ammonia is a base but docs not contain hydroxyl group.
20. Explain ‘Law of Independent Assortment’ with one suitable example? 
21. Explain functions of each part of male reproductive system with a well labeled diagram. 
(a) Describe briefly three ways in which individuals with a particular trait may increase in a population.
(b) What factors could lead to the size of a new species’?
SECTION – E
22. When you mix solutions of lead (II) nitrate and potassium iodide. 
(a) Will it be a double displacement reaction?
(b) Write a balanced chemical reaction?
2.15 ml. of water anti 10 ml. of sulphuric acid are to be mixed in a beaker
(i) State the method that should be followed with reason.
(ii) What is this process called?
23. For following values of voltmeter and Ammeter calculate value of resistance to which these devices are connected. 
In an experiment following circuit in given. The voltmeter reads 2.0V but ammeter reads 0.6A. determine resistance of combination.
24. Draw diagrams showing reproduction in Amoeba in proper sequence. 
25. Draw a labelled section of leaf showing stomata. Mention guard cells. Nucleus, chloroplast, stomatal aperture. 
A student was observing an embryo of a gram seed. Name the three parts which w ill be observed by him.
26. A student adds a spoon full of powdered sodium hydrogen cart>onatc to a flask containing cthanoic acid. List two main observations that he/she must note in his/her notebook about the reaction that lakes place. Also, write chemical equation for the reaction. 
27. A student wants to project the image of candle flame on walls of school laboratory by using a lens. Which type of lens should he use? Where should he place the candle in order to get magnified image on the wall? 
Head over to the test section of NTSE Guru to avail more such sample papers and most probable questions that can be asked in your forthcoming exams.