Class X is considered a milestone. Parents and students always expect a good result in X standard. But, to achieve any goal you need proper planning and determination. Passing class X with great marks isn’t a cakewalk but it isn’t rocket science either if you start preparing for it at the right time. Don’t wait for your boards to arrive, to unleash your full potential. Make every subject your priority because it all adds up to your final result.
Here’s a compiled list of subject-wise strategies, you must follow to achieve the result you are hoping for :
- Get thorough with your literature. Try to complete your literature first, so you can get enough time to improve your writing and grammar section.
- Don’t just learn the answers. Writing your answers develop familiarity and also improves your answer formation.
- Practice formal and informal letters, so you don’t get confused during the exam.
- Students tend to ignore reading comprehension completely. Speed and accuracy are really important while you’re attempting reading comprehension during exams. Practicing a few unseen passages would help you develop speed and accuracy.
- Students tend to focus only on literature and completely forget about grammar. Grammar will help you not only in improving your marks but in a long run as well.
- Make a sheet of all the formulas, so you can revise them whenever you need to.
- Make a list of your strongest and weakest topics. Divide your time accordingly, so you can give enough time to your weak topics and become better at it.
- Practice is the key to ace maths. Practice every type of sums and problems. Do not skip any chapter or topic because it’s easy. Tighten your grip on subjects by solving practice sheets on NTSE Guru. This will take your preparation to a whole new level.
- Pay ultra attention to algebra, trigonometry, geometry, statistics & probability as these chapters carry a lot of weightage.
- Revise all the theorems as many times as you can. Chapters like Circle have a lot of theorems, which manages to confuse the students all the time. You can get all the theorems in the concept theory section of every chapter on ntseguru.
- Even though Hindi is one of the most scoring subjects. Students make some silly mistake that ruins their overall result.
- While preparing for Hindi, get into the habit of writing it as much as you can.
- Read every poems and its sandarbh, prasang, vyakhya. You will always find a question related to this in Class X.
- Give proper attention to Hindi grammar as well.
- Most of the science chapters are interconnected. So, make sure your basics are very clear.
- Revise the periodic table every day.
- Carbon and its compounds would need a lot of your attention. Students find it difficult and confusing then end up skipping the chapter. It’s an important chapter and you should not skip it. You can revise the chapter from the concept lectures section and practice the same using practice lectures section available on ntseguru.
- Prepare a sheet for all the laws of physics and go through it every day.
- Get thorough with the diagrams of the human eye, binary fission in amoeba, bisexual flower, etc.
- Read every chapter atleast once and make summary notes.
- Learn all the important years.
- Read and learn about all the battles and important events.
- Remember the names of important people.
- Try to learn answer as bullet points. First point should give birth to your next point. This would help you form a story. As a student, it would be easier for you to remember a story than cramming an answer. Check out this video lecture of Rise of Nationalism in Europe by Prof. Vipin Joshi to get an idea of how you should write an answer.
- Make sure you’re thorough with the definitions. You can get all the important definitions that have been asked through the years on Examination file section.
- Be familiar with the map of India, world map, etc.
Make sure you manage your time wisely. Daily practice and revision of every subject are necessary to build speed, accuracy, and familiarity. Do not skip any topic or chapter. Try to solve previous years question papers which you can get by subscribing on ntseguru.in