What is NTSE?
National Talent Search Examination is the most prestigious examinations of the nation. NTSE is the national level scholarship program by the Government of India to gauge the proficiency of extraordinary students. It is known to be one of the venerated exams of India. As far as scholarship is concerned, yes NTSE scholars are provided with scholarship but it is not only about the scholarship, it is a matter of great pride and honor for every student to be recognized as the nation’s talent. NTSE is conducted every year at two levels – Stage I (State level) and Stage II (National Level). NTSE Stage 1 is conducted by respective states and NTSE Stage 2 is conducted by NCERT.
NTSE 2019 Eligibility
According to the criteria laid out by CBSE, NTSE is open for the students of Indian nationality irrespective of either they study in India or abroad at class X.
- Candidates studying in India who are selected on the basis of their screening examination will be eligible for NTSE.
- Candidates studying Abroad having Indian nationality are eligible. They are exempted from the first level and are permitted to appear directly at the second level examination.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria (Stage 1)
- Candidate must have scored minimum 60% marks in Class IX. The candidate must be of a recognized school in the respective State or Union Territory.
- The Open Distance Learning (ODL) program students will also be considered eligible if they are below 18 years of age as on July 1, YYYY (the same year in which candidate giving the exam) and are not employed when they appear for Class X examination.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria (Stage 2)
- The student who secures the minimum required marks in Stage II will be eligible for the scholarship program.
NTSE Reservation Criteria
The reservation criteria for NTSE is specified below-
- 15% for students belonging to SC category.
- 7.5% for students belonging to ST category.
- 27% for students belonging to OBC category (Non-creamy layer).
- 4% for Physically Challenged group of students, benchmark disabilities of which –
1% each will be reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses –
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
1% for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability & mental illness.
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses in the posts identified for each disability.
NTSE 2019 Syllabus
- There is no prescribed syllabus for NTSE. Students are advised to go through each and every topic in detail.
- There is a separate booklet called ‘Learn about the Test’ available on the NCERT website containing sample items for both the Tests- MAT and SAT.
- NTSE consists of multiple-choice questions which are asked from the subjects like Mathematics, Science, Social Science & Mental Ability.
NTSE 2019-2020 Exam Pattern
The NTSE examination is conducted in two stages i.e. Stage 1 and Stage 2. The NTSE paper is available in both the Hindi and English medium. The paper is divided into two sections i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT), and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
|NTSE MAT||100 Questions||120 Minutes|
|NTSE SAT||100 Questions||120 Minutes|
- The examination is conducted through the offline mode only.
- The paper comprises of Objective-Type multiple choice questions.
- For every correct answer, 1 Mark will be given and there is no Negative marking in Stage 2 examination.
- Qualifying marks for candidates from SC/ST/PH category is 32% in each paper, whereas for General/OBC/EWS category it is 40% in each paper.
For detailed info about Exam Pattern visit – NTSE Exam Pattern 2019-2020
NTSE Application Form
Candidates can fill the application form offline after downloading it from the NCERT website. They can also issue their application form from the office of Liaison officer.
Given below are the steps candidates can follow to fill the application form –
Step 1: Registration and Downloading Application Form
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Apply for NTSE 2019’
- The candidate will need to fill the following credentials-
Date of Birth
- After filling the credentials, click on ‘Submit’
- Download the NTSE form
- Candidates can also issue the application form from the Liaison office
Step 2: Candidate needs to fill all the details in the application form in their own handwriting.
Step 3: Candidate needs to get their NTSE 2019 application form attested from their principal.
Step 4: Candidate needs to enclose a copy of their relevant reservation certificate.
Step 5: Application fees as specified by state/union territory needs to be remitted by the candidate.
Step 6: The filled Application form must be submitted to the State Liaison officer either via post or by visiting the Liaison office before the due date.
NTSE Admit Card
NTSE Admit Card will be made available according to the official schedule by concerned authorities. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry their admit card with them during the examination. It will contain important information about the candidates such as Name, Roll Number, Exam date, Exam center, Address, and Timing.
- NTSEStage 1 admit cards will be sent by post to candidate’s address, as specified in the application form.
- If in case admit card is not received, candidates can visit the office of Chief Superintendent to obtain their hall ticket.
- The admit card for NTSE Stage 2 will be available on the official NCERT website.
- Candidates must download their respective hall tickets from the website.
Candidates have to carry some document along with admit card. Carrying only the admit card on the day of the exam will be not enough. If the student fails to bring his photo ID card entry will not be granted inside the exam center. A candidate must carry any one of the below documents:
- Valid photo ID in original and a photocopy of the same
- Any one of these will be accepted for Photo Identification purposes:
NTSE Liaison Officer List
|S . No.||Name of the State/UT||Name of the State/UT Liaison Officer & Addresses||Website|
|1||NTSE Arunachal Pradesh||Mr. Gania Leij Dy. Director, Directorate of Secondary Education Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Naharlagun, Itanagar- 791111, Arunachal Pradesh.||https://www.arunachalpradesh.gov.in|
|2||NTSE Assam||Mr. Khabir Uddin Ahmed Dy. Director Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Kahilipara, Assam, Guwahati-781019 (Assam)||www.madyamik.in|
|3||NTSE Manipur||Sh. R.K. Tenedy Singh Vigyan Mandir Officer Directorate of Education (Schools), Lamphelpat, Imphal (Manipur)-795004||www.manipur.gov.in/dert/index.html|
|4||NTSE Meghalaya||Smt. Margarette C. Blah Selection Grade Lecturer Directorate of Educational Research And Training ((DERT), Laitmukhrah Nongrimmaw, Shillong- 793011 (Meghalaya)||www.megeducation.gov.in|
|5||NTSE Mizoram||Mrs. Zothanmawii Deputy Director, S.C.E.R.T., Chaltlang, Aizawl, Mizoram-796012||https://dietaizawal.weebly.com/notice- boardnews.html|
|6||NTSE Nagaland||Mr. Shilu A O Joint Director, SCERT, Nagaland, Kohima-798621.||https://scertnagaland.org/default.aspx|
|7||NTSE Sikkim||Mr. Bilal Prabhakar Deputy Director (Scholarship) Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Govt. of Sikkim, Tashiling Secretariat Gangtok-737101 (Sikkim)||https://sikkimhrdd.org/|
|8||NTSE Tripura||Smt. Kuheli Debbarma Deputy Director, Tripura State Council of Educational Research and Training, Abhoy Nagar, Agartala, Tripura (West)-799005.||https://www.scerttripura.com|
|9||NTSE Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Shri Mammen Thomas Principal, State Institute of Education Siksha Sadan, Link Road Port Blair-744101, (A&N Islands)||https://www.education.andman.gov.in|
|10||NTSE Bihar||Dr. Sanjiwan Sinha Director, S.C.E.R.T. Mahendru Post Office, Patna-800006 (Bihar)||https://www.educationbihar/|
|11||NTSE Jharkhand||Dr. Arbind Pd. Singh Chairman , Jharkhand Academic Council Ranchi, Gyandeep Campus, Bargawan Namkum, Ranchi- 834010.||www.Jac.nic.in.|
|12||NTSE Orissa||Dr. Puspanjali Pani Assistant Director, Directorate of TE & S.C.E.R.T. Unit IV, Bhubaneswar-751001, Orissa||https://www.scertorissa.org|
|13||NTSE West Bengal||Dr. Syed Nurus Salam Deputy Director of School Education (Basic) Directorate of School Education Bikas Bhawan, 7th Floor, East Block, Salt Lake City Kolkata-700091 (West Bengal)||www.wbsed.gov.in|
|14||NTSE Chandigarh||Mrs. Mamta Sharma Assistant Professor State Council of Educational Research & Training (SCERT) Sector-32C, Chandigarh (U.T.) 160031.||www.siechd.nic.in|
|15||NTSE New Delhi||Ms. Usha Chaturvedi Deputy Director, Directorate of Education Science & TV Branch Behind Lady Shri Ram College, Lajpat Nagar-IV, New Delhi-110024.||www.edudel.nic.in|
|16||NTSE Jammu and Kashmir||Dr. Farooq Ahmad Peer Director Academics, Liaison Officer (NTS) J&K State Board of School, Education, New Campus Lal Mandi, Bemina, Srinagar (J&K)-190018.||https://jkbose.co.in/|
|17||NTSE Haryana||Sh. Sunil Vashishta Lecturer Commerce, S.C.E.R.T., Sohna Road, Opp. Panchayat Bhawan, Gurugram-122001 (Haryana).||https://scertharyana.in|
|18||NTSE Himachal Pradesh||Mrs. Rajni Sankhyan Associate Professor S.C.E.R.T., RABON Solan-173211, (Himachal Pradesh).||www.himachal.nic.in|
|19||NTSE Punjab||Mrs. Rumkeet Kaur Lecturer in Math State Institute of Science Education, PSEB Complex, Block-E, 6th Floor, Phase-8, Ajitgarh, SAS Nagar (Mohali), Punjab.||www.epunjabschool.gov.in|
|20||NTSE Rajasthan||Mr. Rajendra Kumar Saxena Assistant Director Exam, Board of Secondary Education , Ajmer, Rajasthan-305001.||www.rajeduboard.nic.in|
|21||NTSE Uttar Pradesh||Mrs.Usha Chandra Director, Bureau of Psychology SCERT, 2 Lowther Road Allahabad-211001 (UP)||www.scertup.org|
|22||NTSE Uttarakhand||Dr. Vinod Prakash Semwal Lecturer State Council of Educational Research and Training, Rajeev Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya, I.T Campus, Nanurkhera, Dehradun, Uttarakhand||www.schooleducation.uk.gov.in|
|23||NTSE Chhattisgarh||Dr. Prasoon Sarkar Professor, State Council of Educational Research & Training (SCERT), DIET Campus, Shankar Nagar, Raipur, Chattishgarh-492001.||www.scert.cg.gov.in|
|24||NTSE Daman & Diu||Sh. Rajesh J Halpati Head Master Government High School Nani Daman Vaniyawad Opposite Custom House Daman & Diu -396210||www.daman.nic.in directorate_of_education.aspx|
|25||NTSE Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Sh. Salim Dinganker State Liaison Officer, NTS/NMMS Directorate of Education 1st Floor, Building No.5 PWD Campus, Above Animal Husbandry, Silvassa-396230 UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli||https://www.dnh.nic.in/ departments/education.aspx|
|26||NTSE Goa||Sh. Jaywant Waman Naik Vocational Education Officer, Directorate of Education State Council of Educational Research and Training Alto-Porvorim, Bardez-403521 (Goa).||www.education.goa.gov.in|
|27||NTSE Gujarat||Sh. Dharmendra R Saradava Secretary, Gujarat State Examination Board, Opp. Government Library, Sector-21, Gandhinagar Gujarat-382021.||https://gujarat-education.gov.in|
|28||NTSE Madhya Pradesh||Ms. Surbhi Parashar Assistant Manager, Rajya Shiksha Kendra Pustak Bhawan “B” Wing, Arera Hills, Bhopal-462011 (M.P.)||https://www.ssa.mp.gov.in/|
|29||NTSE Maharashtra||Sh. Sukhdeo Hari Dere Commissioner, Maharashtra State Council of Examinations 17-Dr. Ambedkar Road, Pune-411001 (Maharashtra).||www.mscepune.in|
|30||NTSE Andhra Pradesh||Sh. D. Ramachandra Murthy Deputy Commissioner Office of The Director of Govt. Examinations D.No. 20-124, Beside SPNRCH High School Opp. Andhra Hospitals, Gollapudi Vijaywada, A.P-521225||https://bseap.org|
|31||NTSE Karnataka||Sh. Jaya Kumar H.S. Senior Assistant Director DSERT, No.4, 100 feet Ring Road, Banashankari, 3rd Stage, Bangalore-560085 (Karnataka)||https://www.dsert.kar.nic.in/|
|32||NTSE Kerala||Dr. Meena. S Assistant Professor, S.C.E.R.T., Vidhya Bhavan Poojappura (P.O.)Thiruvananthapuram-695012,||https://www.scert.kerala.gov.in/|
|33||NTSE Lakshadweep||Mr. Chandrashekhar Principal Govt. Senior Secondary School, Kavaratti, UT of Lakshadweep-682555.||https://www.schoolspedia.com/website/gov- sr-sec-school-kavaratti-lakshadweep|
|34||NTSE Puducherry||Dr. J.Krishna Raju Joint Director Directorate of School Education, Perunthalaivar Kamarajarcent.Edu. Complex, Anna Nagar Puducherry-605005.||https://schooledn.puduchery.gov.in|
|35||NTSE Tamil Nadu||Ms. D. Vasundra Devi Director Directorate of Govt. Examinations, College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai-600006.||https://dge.tn.gov.in/|
|36||NTSE Telangana||Sh. D. Chalapathi Rao Deputy Commissioner Director of Govt. Examinations Chapel Road, Hyderabad Telangana-500001.||https://bseap.org./index.aspx|
NTSE scholars are provided with the scholarship of Rs 1250 per month for Class XI and XII and Rs 2000 per month for graduation and higher studies by Indian government.
- NDA National Defence Academy Exam organized by UPSC gives preference to NTSE scholars.
- Renowned Engineering College for Information Technology such as IIIT-Hyderabad offers 15 seats to NTSE scholars. This institute is considered equivalent to IIT-Bombay.
- NTSE scholars will have an upper edge in Foreign University admissions.
- Preference in various Public and Private sector Jobs.
- IIIT-Delhi, an Engineering College under Government of Delhi, gives ‘bonus marks’ to NTSE scholars during the admission test.
Important Dates NTSE 2019-2020
The below table will give you the details of NTSE exam dates. These are tentative dates and will be updated after the official declaration. Candidates are advised to stay alert for each event related to the scholarship exam.
|Release date of NTSE Registration Form||Last week of July 2019|
|NTSE Application Forms will be available from||First week of August 2019|
|Last date of submission for NTSE Stage – 1||Mostly in August|
|NTSE Stage 1 Admit card Date||October 2019|
|NTSE Stage – 1 2019-2020 Exam in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Andamand & Nicobar island.||02 November,2019 (Saturday)|
|NTSE Stage – 1 2019-2020 Exam in all other States and Union Territories except above and below mentioned 9 States/UTs.||03 November, 2019 (Sunday)|
|NTSE Stage – 1 2019-2020 Exam in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, NCT of Delhi, and Jammu and Kashmir.||17 November, 2019 (Sunday)|
|NTSE Stage- 1 2019-2020 Result||January – April 2020|
|NTSE Stage- II Examination (National)||10 May, 2020 (Sunday)|
|NTSE Final Results||September 2020|
NTSE Result 2019
Those students who have successfully qualified the test are eligible for the scholarship. Students will be selected for the scholarship on the basis of the final merit list. Once stage 2 result will be announced, the final merit list will be prepared accordingly. The merit list will be published on the website. It will not be sent through the post. To check the examination result, students can visit the official website of NCERT i.e. www.ncert.nic.in.Students have to enter their Registration number and Date of Birth to check the result. The result will be available in PDF file format.
By following the below steps students can easily download their NTSE 2019 Result
- Visit the official website of State government/ Union Territories.
- Click on the link ‘NTSE 2019 Result’
- After clicking on the link, students will be redirected to the next page.
- Enter the required details i.e. Roll number, date of birth
- Click on the submit button.
- NTSE Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the same for future reference.
NTSE 2019-2020 Exam Centers
- At the time of filling the application form for NTSE 2020, students have to select the particular exam center.
- The students can check the name of the examination center on their admit card once the application form is successfully submitted.
The details of the examination center are as follows:
|State||Contact No||State||Contact No|
|Arunachal Pradesh||0360-2203509||Himachal Pradesh||0179-2270580|
|Sikkim||03592232646||Daman & Diu||02602630624|
|West Bengal||033-24865171||Andhra Pradesh||0863-2596124|
|New Delhi & Western UP||011-25693499||Kerala||04842667102|
NTSE Sample Paper
The NTSE aspirants need to do a lot of practice to excel in their NTSE preparation. Getting familiar with the question paper pattern is the quintessential part of that. To excel in the scholarship exam they must practice NTSE sample papers on a regular basis.
|1.||NTSE SAT Sample Paper|
|2.||NTSE MAT Sample Paper|