Question Bank is an effective way of testing yourself while preparing for your Board examination. It is also an easier way to revise everything you’ve learned in all the subjects and to gain an insight of your strong and weak areas.
Below given questions are framed by our Experts, keeping in mind the importance and weightage of the chapters.
1. Using Euclid’s division algorithm, find HCF of 216 and 1176.
2. For what value of a and b he pair of linear equations has coincident lines on the graphical representation.
2x – y = 5
(a – 2b)x – (a + b) y = 15
3. Let ABC be a triangle and D and E be two points on side AB such that AD = BE If DP||BC and EQ||AC, then prove that PQ||AB.
4. A man standing on the deck of a ship, which is 10 m above the water level, observes the angle of elevation of the top of a hill as 60° and the angle of depression of the base of the hill as 30°. Calculate the distance of the hill from the ship and the height of the hill.
5. A toy is in the form of a cone mounted on a hemisphere of common base radius 7 cm. The total height of the toy is 31 cm. Find he otal surface are of the toy.
6. a coil of insulated wire is connected to a galvanometer. Explain with the reasons the observations if a bar magnet with its North pole towards one face of the coil is
(i) Moved quickly towards it
(ii) Moved quickly away from the coil and
(ii) Placed near its one face.
7. An object is placed at a distance of 5 cm from a convex mirror of radius of curvature 20 cm. Where is the image formed and what is its nature?
8. Write the functions of retina, ciliary muscles, pupil, and cornea.
9. List any two changes which take place when oily food gets oxidized. Mention a measure which prevents or slows down its oxidation.
10. (a) Define a redox reaction.
(b) when magnesium is burnt in air it combines with oxygen to form magnesium oxide. Write chemical equation for the reaction and identify the substance oxidized.
11. Name the compound which is obtained from baking soda and is used to remove permanent hardness of water. Write its chemical formula. What happens when it is recrystallized from its aqueous solution?
12. During respiration, pyruvic acid is produced from glucose. State the end products formed from it on further break down in each of the following cases:
(a) Yeast in absence of oxygen
(b) Lack of oxygen in muscles
(c) Presence of oxygen in mitochondria
13. Define hormones. Name the hormone secreted by thyroid. Write its function.
14. Name the organ of female reproductive system in humans where-
(i) The process of fertilization takes place.
(ii) The development of embryo takes place.
(iii) What is placenta? Write its function.
15. What is silk route and what was its importance.
16. How did the expansion of the British power in India affected the Weavers?
17. What is contour Ploughing?
18. What is the ecological consequences of irrigation and changing of cropping pattern?
19. How did world Bank classify countries? What criteria did they use? What are its limitations?
20. What is meant by debt trap?
21. What was a community government?
22. How is caste system dangerous for India economy?
Above given question bank is highly recommended to improve your performance in examinations. This was the snippet of a question bank. To get the full length question bank, click here to subscribe.