NTS examination includes a section only for mental ability questions. These questions are designed to evaluate different skill sets of students through various types of questions. Student’s presence of mind and logical reasoning skills are very important while solving these type of questions. NTSE Guru experts have finely crafted the below-given questions to help students prepare for their exam in the best way possible.
1. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word ‘CHANNEL’, which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet?
(e) More than three
2. In a certain language, the word ‘REJECT’ is written as ‘SGMIHZ’. How will the word ‘ACCEPT’ be written?
3. Find the missing number in the series 1296, 648, 216, ?, 36, 18, 6, 3
4. Pointing to a photograph, a lady tells, Amit, “I am the only daughter of this lady and her son is your maternal uncle.” How is the speaker related to Amit’s father?
(c) Either (a) or (b)
(d) Neither (a) nor (b)
5. What was the day of the week on 15th August, 1947?
6. Which one of the four interchanges in signs and numbers would make the given equation correct? 3 + 5 – 2 = 4
(a) + and –, 2 and 3
(b) + and –, 2 and 5
(c) + and –, 3 and 5
(d) None of these
7. Of the five villages P, Q, R, S and T situated close to each other, P is to the West of Q, R is to the South of P, T is to the North of Q and S is to the East of T. Then, in which direction R is with respect to S?
(a) North – West
(c) South – West
(d) Data inadequate
8. Count the number of cubes in the given figure.
9. Which of the following dice is identical to the unfolded figure as shown here?
10. Which Figure from 1,2,3,4 and 5 come after D?
Above given questions identify student’s ability to visualize and differentiate. Solving these questions would give you an idea of what to expect in forthcoming NTSE. You can subscribe to ntseguru to get topic wise most probable questions and a lot more.