National talent search examination is not far off. Students who have already started preparing for this prestigious examination must look at these most probable NTSE SAT questions likely to appear in the exam. Clearing NTSE is easier said than done. It requires months-long preparation, hard work, determination, and practice. If you already feel prepared for your NTS examination, NTSE Guru experts would like to add some icing on the cake by providing you the most probable questions that would add up to your preparation.
NTSE SAT Questions
1. If a is a positive integer and p be a prime number and p divides a2, then
(a) a divides p
(b) p divides a
(c) p2 divides a
(d) None of these
2. The area of a triangle whose vertices are (a, c + a), (a, c) and (-a, c – a) are
(d) a² + c²
3. ABC is a right-angled triangle, right-angled at B such that BC = 6 am and AB = 8 cm. A circle with centre O is inscribed in ABC. The radius of the circle is
(a) 1 cm
(b) 2 cm
(c) 3 cm
(d) 4 cm
4. The mean wage of 150 labours working in a factory running three-shift with 60,40 and 50 labours is R 114. The mean wage of 60 labourers working in the first shift R 121. 50 and that of 40 labourers working the second shift is R 107.75, then wage of those working in the third shift is
(a) R 110
(b) R 100
(c) R 120
(d) R 115.75
5. ABCD is a cyclic quadrilateral with centre O in the given figure. Chord AB is produced to E where ∠CBE = 130°, the value of x is equal to
6. A particle is moving along a circular track of radius 1 m with uniform speed. Find the ratio of the distance covered and the displacement in half revolution.
7. A submarine emits a SONAR pulse which returns from an underwater cliff in 1.05 second. If the speed of sound in saltwater is 1531 m s−1, how far away is the cliff?
(a) 1568 m
(b) 803.7 m
(c) 1607.4 m
(d) 765.5 m
8. A body of mass 2 kg is thrown up vertically with a kinetic energy of 490 J. If the acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 ms-2 the height at which the kinetic energy of the body becomes half of the original value is-
(a) 50 m
(b) 25 m
(c) 12.5 m
(d) 10 m
9. Oils on treating with hydrogen in the presence of palladium or nickel catalyst form fats. This is an example of-
(a) Addition reaction
(b) Substitution reaction
(c) Displacement reaction
(d) Oxidation reaction
10. Cinnabar is an ore of
11. Liquids diffuse slowly as compared to gases because-
(a) The molecules are held together by stronger intermolecular forces.
(b) The molecules of liquids are heavy.
(c) Liquids have definite shape.
(d) The molecules in liquids undergo large number of collisions with the neighbouring molecules.
12. Dr. V. Kurien is famous for :
(a) Green revolution
(b) White revolution
(c) Yellow revolution
(d) Blue revolution
13. A certain patient is suspected to be suffering from Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome. Which diagnostic technique will you recommend for its detection?
(b) Australian antigen
(c) HIV test
(d) None of these
14. Onset of the menstrual cycle in females is known as:
15. Who was the founder of “Hoa Hao” movement in the Mekong delta region?
(a) Phan Boi
(b) Liang Qichao
(c) Huynh Phu So
(d) Ho Chi Minh
16. Who set up the first Indian Jute mill in Calcutta in 1917?
(a) Seth Hukum Chand
(b) G.D. Birla
(c) Dwaraka Nath Tagore
(d) J.N. Tata
17. One of the following is the correct order of major irrigation projects in India from North to South
(a) Rihind, Kosi, Hirakud, DVC
(b) Kosi, Rihind, DVC, Hirakud
(c) Hirakud, DVC, Rihind, Kosi
(d) DVC, Kosi, Hirakud, Rihind
18. Which of the following statement about Indian railways is not correct?
(a) The Indian Railways is the largest public sector undertaking in the country
(b) The Indian railways is reorganized into 14 zones
(c) The Indian railway’s network runs on multiple gauge operation
(d) The Indian Railways have been a great integrating force for more than 150 years
19. Which of the following system of power-sharing is called checks and balance?
(a) Separation of power
(b) The federal division of powers
(c) Horizontal division of powers
(d) Vertical divisions of powers
20. What is the meaning of ‘Transparency’?
(a) When decisions are taken by the ruler
(b) When decisions are made by a leader’s conclusion
(c) When decisions are taken with honesty and proper follow of rules
(d) When decisions are made for individual greed
21. Which one of the following agency issues one rupee currency note in India?
(a) Reserve Bank of India
(b) Ministry of Finance
(c) Commerce Ministry
(d) Commercial Banks
22. Agmark and ISI mark shows
(a) Quality and standard of products
(b) Quantity of the product
(c) Availability of the product
(d) None of these
These questions cover all the important areas of NTSE syllabus. Students are advised to go through these questions thoroughly. In case of any doubts go through our video lectures to learn all the concepts in detail.